Okay, well technically the first day of summer isn't until June 21st. But for all intents and purposes, summer has begun. Since January we've known this summer is going to be really busy and we've been gearing up for it, and now all of the sudden it's already started.
We just finished with my Utah trip and Disneyland. In 2 weeks we drive to Provo so Robert can attend a statistics institute at BYU. We play there for a few days then head up to Idaho for a week at Yellowstone with all of my immediate family (minus the Alders, Boo hoo!) Then back to Santa Cruz.
2 weeks later Robert goes by his lonesome to Cancun for a week to present his research at the ISBA conference. The kids and I may or may not join Robert's family in San Diego during that time.
A few days after Robert gets back we're all driving to Arizona for a Johnston family reunion. After a week there, we're leaving our kids with Robert's parents while we go to Boston for a week, just the 2 of us, where Robert will present his research at the JSM conference.
Then we will return home to Santa Cruz, and most likely collapse from exhaustion ;)
We're in for a wild ride! I'm hoping we don't get caught up in the busyness of it and remember to enjoy everything. I think I'll print this out and put it up all over the house to remind me...

Bring it on summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment