Well, Memorial Day Weekend arrived and that means, as always, it was my family's annual Memorial Day Breakfast (MDB) in Oak City, Utah. I missed it last year and I did NOT want to miss it again, especially with this year being a reunion year. So when we realized Robert's work schedule wouldn't allow him to come, I booked the flight, rental car, and hotel and off I went. Since James flies free, he got to be my traveling buddy.
![]() |
| James' first flight. He wasn't sure what exactly to think of it. |
![]() |
| Fell asleep before we took off and slept the whole flight. |
A did a little driving around Provo before heading down to Oak City.
![]() |
| Provo City Center Temple Under Construction - We were living in Provo when the fire happened in the tabernacle. |
Got to the hotel and found this little note when I unpacked my bag. Robert loves me :)
Oak City Band at the Country Store
We got buttons to go with our shirts this reunion. The number above their name represents the number of great-great grandchild they are. That means in just over 2 years 50 babies were born in this family! The adults are being overrun!
Great Grandma and Grandpa Angie and Willis made it to the reunion ;)
The 3 Grandma Millie clan November babies! Born with 11 days of each other. In Aunt Millie's words, "Uncle Willie is up there kicking them out of heaven, down to us."
Saturday night dance!! James didn't last long at this. The Quadrille caller was too loud for his little ears, so we had to cut out early. It's too bad though since this is one of my favorite parts of the weekend.
Sunday Bunco - What's the most you've seen play Bunco at once?? It's epic :)
Rocking our reunion shirts. Aunt Mary's family did a great job with them.
![]() |
| My little buddy :) |
Memorial Day Breakfast
![]() |
| Pure Deliciousness!! |
Many hands make light work
...and more hands
...and more hands :) We fed nearly 1200 people this year.
The program at the cemetery. I love how it looks with all the flags.
![]() |
| James basking in the sun and spirit of his Great Grandma Millie's grave site. |
Then after spending a night with Preston and Sharon in Provo, I flew home. I had a layover in LA with a plane change. While I waited for my next leg, I watched and silently giggled at this adorable, old couple.
She's showing him features on the iPhone their daughter that they were visiting just gave to her. Their conversation went something like this -
Lady: Look here. This F, it's called a Facebook app.
Man: Well what's that for?
Lady: People keep in touch with each other with it. You know that picture we took at dinner last night? Here it is! Donna put it on Facebook, and then look at this. My grade school friend has already commented on it! Can you believe it??
Man: Would you look at that? How did Donna get that on there?
Lady: I don't know, but it's amazing!!
See... Adorable! :)
And to close out this post, one more picture of James sleeping on the last leg. He was the perfect little traveler. Sleeping the whole flight every flight. Then when he would wake up he'd be so smiley and charming. I'm pretty sure he brightened everyone's day on every flight. That's my boy ;)
It was such a GREAT weekend. And so fun to be all independent and adventurous like I pretend to be sometimes. ;) I love my family!






















No comments:
Post a Comment