Monday, April 23, 2012

March Wedding Madness

In March we had 2 weddings and a ring ceremony within a week of each other. It started out with me taking Mary, leaving Robert with Lydia, and flying to Mesa. Robert couldn't come to both Mesa and Houston the next week so he chose the Houston trip. So I had my first flying with a baby experience on my own. Mary was PERFECT!!

I should note that I am just holding the camera, so no
one is coercing this smile. She is just such a happy child!

And I think this picture is just precious.

Within 10 minutes after taking off she fell
asleep and was asleep the entire flight.

The first wedding was Robert's cousin, Mallory's to Brandon Giles. The wedding dinner, ceremony, reception, EVERYTHING was BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so glad I was able to come. And it's exciting to have another cousin-in-law join me, Jenn, and Jonathan in the Richardson clan.


The second wedding was the next day and it was my very good, longtime friend, Tyson Oliver to Afton Willis. I've been friends with Tyson since junior high and to say that we've been through thick and thin is an understatement. I consider him one of my closest friends, and I'm so happy he made the choices necessary to be married in the temple for time and all eternity. I had the honor of attending the sealing and it was glorious, and Afton rocks. I couldn't picture a better match for Tyson.


So that was a whirlwind of a trip. Fly over Wednesday, wedding Thursday, wedding Friday, and fly back Saturday, but it was well worth it.

A week later we packed up the whole family and flew to Houston for a ring ceremony for Terrel (Robert's brother) and Jenn. They did a special ring ceremony so that Jenn's family could be a part of their wedding since they weren't able to be at the actual wedding 2 and a half years ago.
We almost missed our flight. Picture 5:30 in the morning, a family with 4 bags of luggage, a stroller, a diaper bag, and 2 babies, running in the rain from the economy lot to the terminal because there isn't time to wait for the shuttle. By the time we checked our bags, frantically went through security, and then ran to the gate, we were a miserable sight. But thanks to our flight being delayed by 20 minutes, we made it otherwise it would have taken off without us. Despite the stressful start, we had a great time in Houston.

Relaxing lunch right after we got to Terrel and Jenn's house.

Nothing like a good old fashioned game of
Ring-Around-The-Rosy

Cousin love

Bubbles with the Aunties

We went to the Houston Children's Museum. A lot of fun art and science fun to do there with the kids.




Mary munching on a fruit popsicle. She liked it. What baby wouldn't? :)

After the museum we went and got some genuine Texan BBQ, then we went to see the Houston Temple. Turns out the grounds were closed for construction so first we took pictures from outside the gate.



But then we decided that wasn't enough so...


Yep. We broke into temple grounds via crawling under the gate. Jenn, Aly, and I are the only ones who crawled under. The rest drove around and found an open gate.




We took pictures until a security guard came and told us to leave. We are so rebellious ;) Then we went to Baskin Robbins to finish off the night.

They were constantly on the rampage together. Two peas in a pod, these two

Picture of all three girls in their matching outfits from Grandma (Robert's mom)

Still on the rampage

Cousins watching Dora together ;)

Robert had grown out his beard, mainly per my request because I like it :) But he wanted to be clean shaven for the ring ceremony, so off it came.



He experimented with a couple different styles before
shaving it all off. I wasn't as much of a fan of this.

Handsome, smooth faced boy :)

Wedding video material for sure

At the ring ceremony


Flower girl










Dinner and dancing after the ceremony




Good times. The next day we flew home. The flight back was the roughest as far as keeping the kids happy, but at long last we made it.

This is our "We Survived" picture

Yay for fun trips with family!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...