Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter 2012

So I don't know about you, but Easter totally snuck up on us this year. Usually we like to make a big deal and have several traditions of things we do the week leading up to Easter. This year however it was the day before and I was sitting on the couch and said out loud, "Oh yeah, Easter is tomorrow!" So we pretty much failed this year, which is too bad too because we've done a really good job in the past focusing on the atonement and what Easter is really about. Our loss. We did manage to pull off a few celebrations.
First the Kaspars, a family in our ward, had an Easter Egg Hunt at their beautiful home the day before Easter.  

The Kaspar boys are so good with Lydia. 
They kept her entertained as they waited... 

...and waited

...and waited for the hunt to start.

Once the egg hunt started Lydia knew exactly what
was going on and gathered tons of eggs. There was a
Primary Easter Egg Hunt a couple weeks before,
so she knew the drill :)

Easter Sunday - Robert's mom sent us some great Easter dresses for the girls and we got some great pictures after church.

Our Happy Family

Sisters

Cheesy Grin

Miss Mary

Kissies!

The way Lydia smiles for pictures lately.
I think she thinks it is cute :)

Always on the run!

Since Easter caught us so off guard, we didn't dye eggs until the day after for Family Home Evening. Lydia has been especially in to coloring lately so it was extra fun to watch how much she loved it.

I told Robert to look awesome, and this is what I got. Riiiiiiight ;)


Mary just happily played while we dyed.


Of course, Robert's annual equation egg.

He tells me this says: The empirical optimal decision under squared error loss of...
a distribution with parameter 'x' is...
..."eggs" bar. What a nerd!!

Our finished masterpieces

It was fun to see Lydia have a genuine response to the eggs and basket. She's finally grown up to the point that she can follow what is going on. It is so fun!!

 
I told her to smile. "Normal" pictures of her are
becoming more and more a rarity, the little ham!

And that was our Easter! We still have a few empty Easter eggs lying around the house that escaped being put away with the rest. Lydia will pick one up, open it, and start asking where the candy is then throw a fit when we tell her it's all gone. Don't worry little one! Another candy filled holiday will be here before you know it!

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so adorable! I just love reading your blog. You guys are so entertaining. I'm so sad we won't see each other in May! Hopefully next year... or next cousins cruise! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...