Yes today is National Pot Smokers Day. Living in the sheltered pockets that I have in the past, Provo, UT and Mesa, AZ, 4/20 has never been a big deal. But here is a picture of what we are dealing with today.
This is the meadow right next door to our apartment packed with thousands of people, that haze is the start of the pot smoke and they are all gathered to smoke it. When searching on the internet I found this picture. After our RAs came around and warned us that the secondhand smoke is so bad that they usually get a hotel because they worry about their kids, I looked online to see where this ridiculous holiday came from and found this picture on Wikipedia of our lovely home. Needless to say, we are staying at a ward member's home tonight.

Sometimes, I hate people. This is one of those times.
ReplyDelete