Sunday, October 5, 2014

First Day of Preschool!!

We decided to enroll both of the girls together in an official preschool this year. They were counting down the days until the first day weeks in advance .






  



The preschool we enrolled them in is through the city's parks and rec department. It was the only one within our budget. Every other one was at least double if not triple or quadruple the price of this one. After being there for a month, I'm noticing it's basically just organized play, or in other words more like a daycare than a preschool. There's not much teaching going on. Maybe they will teach more as the year progresses, but for now in a 3 hour day they sit and do circle time for 10 minutes in the middle and the rest is just playing either inside or outside. But you get what you pay for, and I think having a school type schedule has been great for the girls and they are making lots of friends. So we're happy. I've also started supplementing at home, working on a few worksheets of 1 or 2 letters a day and that's been going great. So for now we've found a good balance, we're happy with it, and the girls love it. And I feel like I've been promoted as a parent. It's not just tending babies any more. I'm sticking a toe into the realm of chauffeuring kids to school and play dates and whatever else fills their schedule. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. Oh the life of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...