Once again, when James was exactly one month old, we were in the car again on our way to Arizona. With nearly 60 pictures in this post I'm not going to type too much and for the most part let the pictures speak for themselves.
![]() |
| Cousin TJ comforting James |
Mesa Temple Lights
Cute story about the next picture - Lydia had taken off running and Robert and I were trying to bob and weave through the crowd to keep up with her. When we finally caught up to her she was standing at this manger scene and said "I knew if I ran to the star I would find Jesus." :)
![]() |
| Picture proof that James was there too ;) |
The girls slept on crib mattresses on the floor. Every morning we'd find them is some random position like this. It was quite entertaining to me ;)
Christmas Sunday Outfits
Nertz Nerd Reunion
Decorating the Christmas Tree
Richardson Cousin Exchange
Christmas Eve Nativity Reenactment
Christmas Day
Skyping with Robert's sister, Aly, who is currently serving a mission in Brazil.
Visiting Grandpa Coy Christmas night, introducing him to James, and receiving our "Universal Gift Certificates."
Richardson Christmas
Sleeping Beauty at Broadway Palm
![]() |
| Lydia LOVED it and was completely enthralled the whole play. |
| Robert was impressed that I had all 4 kids' attention. So impressed that he took a picture. |
James' Blessing
We had the blessing at my parents' house on December 29th. We started the evening with my sisters and I singing the arrangement we do of "Oh My Father." I recorded it with my phone so it's not the best quality, but I like it.
Robert's mom then gave the opening prayer, and Robert and I both shared a few thoughts. Robert talked about how the recording of names goes clear back to ancient times and is mentioned several times in the Book of Mormon and how he feels that we do that because each and every one of us is important to Heavenly Father.
Then it was my turn. I talked about how it was exactly a year ago to the day that my brothers, brothers-in-law, dad, and Robert had gathered in a circle around me to give me a priesthood blessing of strength and healing for my surgery. Now we were gathered again for another blessing of much happier circumstances. It had been quite a year for us. We were thankful for all of our family's support through it all. I'm glad to be on this happier side of things, but we have once again gained a stronger testimony of the strength and growth that can come from trials.
Next was the blessing. Robert did a beautiful job. A few things I wrote down were he gave James a blessing of strength in a dangerous world. Blessed him to seek counsel from those that love him, watch the examples of those that are righteous, and to follow those examples. Avoid distractions in this life that would take him away from Father in heaven. Learn from those that came before him, and lead those that come after him. Blessed him with health that his body would function properly and that he would be happy. And blessed him with all the love he could handle from all those around him. Blessed him to know how great it is to be loved by so many. Know that what he has is special, and that the Gospel is special. That our family is special and it is forever.
We really are lucky to have the family that we have. I wasn't able to get a picture of all those who assisted in the blessing, but there was my dad, my brother Scott, my brothers-in-law Shay, Danjee, and Brad, Robert's dad, Grandpa Richardson, brother Terrel, and Uncles Randy, Rod, and Dan. All or at least most of their families were also there including Aunt Darla and a couple of here kids (Uncle Jeff had stayed home with some of the kids). It was a wonderful evening!
| 5 Grandmas in attendance! |
| 4 generations |
![]() |
| Handsome Little Man! |
Grandma Richardson's S'mores on a Stick
![]() |
| Somebody enjoyed them a little too much ;) |
James' Smile
On Christmas Day, James smiled for the first time... at his Aunt Becky. It took a few more days for me to get him to smile at me.
WEDDINGS!!
My 2 younger sisters both got engaged while we were there and I got to go wedding dress shopping with Aubrie. We found an AMAZING deal. Long story short we got a $1200 dress for $90. This picture is not of THE dress, but look how cute she is! :)
Phoenix Zoo
![]() |
| Lydia's face cracks me up in this picture :) |
Playing with Grams
New Year's Eve



































No comments:
Post a Comment