PICTURE OVERLOAD TIME!
Lydia and Mary meeting their brother.
| So happy! She had waited so long for this moment :) |
| We weren't sure what Mary's immediate reaction would be, but we were pleasantly surprised that she was just as ecstatic as Lydia. |
Perfect family pictures are a thing of the past, but here's what we got.
| One with Robert half blinking... |
| And one with Mary covering her face. |
![]() |
| Lydia sat next to me on the bed holding James for over an hour. And did this several times over the first week. |
| Getting his first cuddles with Grandma Richardson. Robert took her to the airport right after this to drop her off and pick my mom up at the same time. We were so lucky to have her here! |
| Leaving the hospital |
![]() |
| Sibling Bonding Time |
![]() |
| Another hour long being held by Lydia session |
![]() |
| Rare open-eyed moment |
The only chances my mom has had to come to Santa Cruz since we've lived here was for my brain surgery last January and then this time to help while I recovered from having a baby. So it's always been work work work. We wanted to make sure we squeezed in at least a little fun while she was here this time, so we headed to Twin Lakes Beach the Friday after James was born. The hour that we were there happened to be only cloudy and coldest hour of the day, but we still enjoyed ourselves. My mom loved just looking at the water. She hasn't seen the ocean many times in her lifetime.
![]() |
| I love my mom! |
As always Lydia and Mary, as always, had a great time scaring the birds :)
Then on Saturday my mom went home. I bawled and bawled. It was so nice to have her here!
Sunday, James was 1 week old and it was back to the grind. I came to church ready to teach Singing Time and got kicked out because the Primary President, not expecting me to come back so soon, had planned something special for me that day. So I went to Relief Society while the Primary worked on a surprise. Later I was sent this picture and video, and when I got in my car to go home. there were notes from each of the Primary kids on the seat :)
![]() |
| Just a glimpse of what the notes were like :) |
Little Man did awesome for his first week at church. Slept the whole 3 hour block and looked ridiculously cute doing it ;)
That night I couldn't help take some pictures of him in these cute monster PJs. They make me think of the book "Where the Wild Things Are."
We love our little Jimmy!!












No comments:
Post a Comment