Monday, October 24, 2011

The Big Move

Welp, Tuesday September 6th was the big day. Aaron, Robert, Devin Curry, and Mom all loaded up the truck and car while Aly entertained Lydia and I got together everything from inside the house. It really is nothing short of a miracle that we got everything to fit in that 10 foot truck and the back of our Blazer. I wish I had gotten a picture of how full it was. There really wasn't an inch to spare. Side note: "I wish I had gotten a picture of..." that's a phrase you'll probably be hearing a lot of in the next few posts. I've been severely slacking in the picture taking department. Before I knew it we were on our way. Here's the 2 kiddos ready for the big drive ahead. They were both troopers the whole time!



We drove from Utah to Reno the first day and the rest of the way the next day. About an hour and a half before we got to Santa Cruz we drove through Danville. We're Phineas and Ferb (a cartoon on Disney Channel) fans so we had to take a picture by a Danville sign. :)



After months of anticipation and preparation, and a very long drive we finally arrived at our new home!


But boy did we still have our work cut out for us!


Aly, Mom, and Robert worked like machines! Before going to bed that night they moved all of the boxes into their corresponding rooms and got the kitchen unpacked enough that it could function, the whole while I was barking orders from a chair feeling lazy. They wouldn't let me work. Some nonsense about how I had just had a baby 10 days before or something. ;)

Aly and Mom's flight left the next afternoon, so after getting a little bit more work done Thursday morning we took a well needed break and decided to explore Santa Cruz a little bit before they had to leave and headed down to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.


Aly and I played in the water.


Mom eventually couldn't resist joining in on the fun.




I love these next 2 pictures. I feel like they could be posters advertising for a movie. Like this one "A woman, a sailor, and a love that spans the ocean." Am I right or am I right??


Then this one, "A baby, an ocean, and the diaper that would last through it all!" I think we have the makings of a blockbuster phenomenon ;)


Lydia loves the wet sand, and she loves it more and more every time we go to the beach.


After the beach it was time to say goodbye to Aly and Mom. They were SOOOOOOOO much help! They did in a few hours what it would have taken me days to do. We were so grateful. I have the best inlaws!

4 comments:

  1. We are also HUGE Phineas and Ferb fans!! I'm so jealous of the Danville sign picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo she is so cute! (they both are, but in this case I'm referring to Lydia on the beach)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi! Oh my heavens you have two kids! So adorable! You and your hubby look great! I miss the days we walked home from school in overalls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad they were there to help you Heidi. I am sorry you had to do that big of a change so soon after having a baby. We miss you. Hope you are adjusting to Cali. life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...