Friday, October 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Don't Give Up

This is a day late, but that's the way life goes sometimes. I am thankful for people that are and have always been there for me, in good times and in bad.

Today I heard back from BYU. They said "we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission at this time." I was kind of expecting this because like I said before my GPA is .03 short of what they consider admissible. Since I was expecting it, I had a plan set of how I was going to react. As soon as I saw it, I texted a few people the news, I went to the kitchen timer, set it for 5 minutes, and for that 5 minutes and only that 5 minutes I was allowed to cry. When the timer beeped it was time to move on. Also, right at the end of the 5 minutes several people replied to my text and I received a phone call from Kaci which all helped to brighten my mood.

So I'm determined to not give up. I'll continue to take classes online, get A's, and apply again until I get in. A couple pros to not having to start school in January is first, I get to be at home all of the time with Lydia for longer, and second, I don't have to worry about missing school when this character...

...my brother Preston who is serving an LDS mission in Kinnewick, Washington, gets home in less than 4 months.

I keep thinking of the Josh Groban song Don't Give Up where it says "Don't give up, because you are loved." That's how I feel today. My life is good. I am happy. I am loved.

2 comments:

  1. you go girl! keep going! your great and you'll totally get there!

    i love the picture of the crane and the frog. it was the cover of our 6th grade only year book. reminds me so much a mr.cuppy.

    anyway have an awesome day! and can't believe preston will be back so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how that letters feels, but I am so happy you know you can get in summer semester.

    I got rejected to BYU twice on one application and then was accepted ...on the same application and was rejected to BYU-Idaho.

    It will all work out, but I understand it's just not fun. I might have to try that timer trick sometime though...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...