Ever since Lydia was born, or even since I was pregnant, our date nights have lacked their usual creativity/spontaneity. So I decided I would put forth the effort to plan date night. I got several children storybooks and poems and had an activity that went along with each one. You'll notice that sometimes it's a real stretch to link the activity to the book, but I tried. Anyway, Robert would choose a book randomly not knowing what the activity was that went along with it and that's what we would do. I purposefully picked double the amount of stories/activities we would need so that we'll be able to do the ones we didn't get to another date night.
The evening started out with Robert picking this book about letters...
So we wrote quick letters to my missionary brother Preston
Then Robert picked this poem...
Out of this book...
So we played a game of Settlers.Get it? Like you SETTLE a NEW WORLD. As always, I won :)
Then Robert picked Green Eggs and Ham
So we went and tried a restaurant we'd never been to before, El Azteca.
It was good, not great, but good. Probably the closest to Arizona quality Mexican food we've had since we've been here (which sad to say, isn't saying much. Poor Utah lives too far away from the border), and it was cheap too. We like El Azteca here or there! We like El Azteca ANYWHERE!!
Then Robert picked this poem...
And since it was about a monkey, which is an animal, we went to the Bean Life Science Museum.
Scary Robert!
One of my favorite parts about Provo is the Bell Tower on BYU campus. It's located right across the street from the Bean Museum and when we came out someone was playing it, so I recorded a small blurb...
Then Robert chose this book...
So we returned home to build this puzzle the way Grover is building things throughout the book (I know, this was one of the stretches) After that we called it a night. We had a lot of fun, and this will be continued on our date night in 2 Fridays! :)
Disclaimer: I did not come up with this idea all on my own. I did this on a double date I went on in high school with Tyson Smith and Ryan H./Kara Schneider. However, for mine and Robert's date I did choose my own books and the corresponding activities (except for Green Eggs and Ham).
UM, I have to disagree. We went to El Azteca and thought it was 100% gross. Not a fan, would never go back. We have found a fabulous Mexican Restaurant up here in Salt Lake that we LOVE!!! It is called Molca Salsa and we will have to take you sometime. :)
Well it's no Matta's or Tia Rosa's of course, but I'd put it in the same circle as Filiberto's. You know how much I love Filiberto's! Not to say that it was AS good, but like I said, I would put it in the same circle.
Autumn and I have been to El Azteca a couple times this semester. The food is super yummy.
ReplyDeleteUM, I have to disagree. We went to El Azteca and thought it was 100% gross. Not a fan, would never go back. We have found a fabulous Mexican Restaurant up here in Salt Lake that we LOVE!!! It is called Molca Salsa and we will have to take you sometime. :)
ReplyDeleteWell it's no Matta's or Tia Rosa's of course, but I'd put it in the same circle as Filiberto's. You know how much I love Filiberto's! Not to say that it was AS good, but like I said, I would put it in the same circle.
ReplyDelete