Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Robert's Birthday

Mid-July Robert turned the ripe old age of 27. We spent the day doing a few of his favorite things.

Lunch as a family at Pizza My Heart

A few rounds at the batting cages with 2 of his
greatest fans looking on.

Robert's favorite cake is German Chocolate Cake. The girls chose the puppy shaped cake pan to cook it in, so we decided that it was a German "Shepherd" Chocolate Cake.


The birthday boy!

The response to my last post about the postpartum depression was overwhelming. I received hundreds of comments, emails, texts, phone calls, and private messages of encouragement, advice, and questions, all of which were filled with love. I'm still working on replying to all of them. Many commented on how amazing I am. I'm grateful for the compliments, but the unsung hero by far is Robert. He has been so helpful, patient, and kind through this whole ordeal. He is a perfect example of Christlike love. Loving me even though, no, ESPECIALLY when I'd be so angry towards him and depressed. He proves over and over again how special of a man he is. He's the hardest worker I've ever encountered. Sleeping maybe just 4 hours a night every night, he spends every minute working on his research, doing the dishes, preparing his seminary lessons, tending to the kids, plus a million other things. He never asks for a break or complains. He puts the Energizer bunny to shame.

I love him more than I ever knew I could love someone, and that love increases every day.
Happy birthday Robert!! The kids and I would be completely lost without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...