My all-time favorite Christmas movie is Scrooge with Albert Finney. It's a musical version of A Christmas Carol.
Growing up, I watched this movie with my family every year on the first Sunday in December. Since I've been married, we have carried on that tradition with our little family. However, Sunday is jam packed, tomorrow too, so tonight was the night! It totally puts me in the Christmas spirit, and tonight it was extra special because Lydia cuddled with me and watched, fully engaged, the entire movie. She even sang along a little bit to some of the songs. She knows them well enough since Robert and I tend to break into them all year long. :) And Mary only tried to change the TV to football twice. I consider that a great success! It's so fun to see what our little family's traditions are becoming, especially now that the girls are getting a little older and more interactive with everything. We have a few traditions taken from Robert's family, a few from mine, and a few brand new ones all mixed together to become OUR traditions. I love it!
A couple of my favorite clips from the movie...
You see, now don't those just make you happy? :) Such a great way to ring in December!
Christmastime is here!

I really love this movie.
ReplyDeleteI'm nervous to ask Afton if she wants to watch it, cause what if we watch it and she hates it???
Oh the stress of a first Christmas as a married couple.
I'd say it's worth the risk. Besides, I don't think it's possible to hate this movie. Be indifferent, maybe, but not hate.
Delete