Saturday, April 23, 2011

Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point

I had to go to a museum of paleontology or something of that nature for an outside assignment for my Geology class. So for family night back on April 4th, we loaded up the baby and went to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point. We started out the tour of the museum with Robert helping out the excavators. They were most appreciative.
I got nerdily excited when I saw this. It's a fossil marking called ripple marks that I learned about in my geology class. I did a mini presentation for Robert on how it's formed. I just felt so cool that I actually knew what it was and its significance.
We built this fabulous looking dinosaur and named it a Totemsaur. The question is, is it eating Robert or is Robert eating it?
Lydia was quiet most of the time and just amazed and intrigued at all the huge dinosaur bone structures that were standing over her.
However, she did eventually get a little restless in her stroller so we let her out to play with a smaller dinosaur.
We ended the trip with Lydia taking the world in her hand. So much responsibility for such a little girl.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...