Monday, November 1, 2010

2 Years Ago

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the day Robert proposed to me :) The story goes like this...

Robert and I did the whole long distance relationship thing practically our whole courting experience. Robert was up here at BYU and I was still living at home in Mesa. We did our best, either by me going up to Provo or Robert coming down to Mesa, to see each other every 6 weeks or so. Robert came down to visit the weekend of Halloween, which happened to be the same weekend as my stake conference. People kept asking if I thought Robert would propose that weekend and I said that I knew he wouldn't because I knew for a fact that he hadn’t talked to my dad yet to ask for my hand and what not. I picked him up from the airport Friday night at about 7:00pm. That Saturday, November 1st, we went out to lunch with all of my married siblings and then Robert and I went and saw “High School Musical 3” (we are both High School Musical fans, it’s a guilty pleasure) and on our way home Robert said “Hey do you want to go an hour or so early to the stake center for the adult session [of stake conference] tonight and just play the piano again like we did on our first date?” (For our first date we went to Build-A-Bear, dinner at Chili's, then after dinner we went to our stake center to use the piano in the Relief Society room to play and sing songs together. He’s a talented pianist and we sang all sorts of stuff, mainly jazz, Billy Joel, and songs from musicals. This is something we still enjoy doing.) I said that sounded like fun. So we went, and since it was just before the adult session, we thought it would be more appropriate to just sing and play Primary songs. The last song that we played was “I Love to See the Temple” which is my favorite Primary song. After we finished that song Robert said, “Well we should probably head in soon but first I have to give you something.” Then he pulled up his pant leg and got the ring box out of his sock and got down on one knee and said, “and I want to give this to you because I love you and want to be with you for forever.” And he asked me to marry him and I said yes!! It was so perfect! His one goal was to surprise me, and boy did he ever!! It turns out that he had actually flown in on Friday at about 2:00pm and talked to my dad and my mom and then his mom took him back to the airport in time for me to pick him up that night. Sneaky I know!

I thank Heavenly Father every day for giving me this wonderful man in my life. He has never been anything but loving, caring, and wonderful to me. We have yet to have an argument that's lasted more than a few minutes. He is my best friend. I love him. I LOVE ROBERT!!

2 comments:

  1. awwww. I love hearing that story! It is so adorable. Happy Engagement Anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cute story and very much y'all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...