Thursday, January 7, 2016

Dear mother of the boy behind me in the checkout line...

You did not have to be embarrassed about the comments he made to me. He looked about 10 years old, but from his lack of eye contact and constant fidgeting, I figure he's either on the autism spectrum or another social communication disorder. My brother and several nephews are on the spectrum, so not only am I used to it but since I live away from most of my family I find it especially endearing and heartwarming. You felt awful when he said I sounded like a man (I have a cold). And you shushed him and pulled him away when he said I must have not showered today because my hair looked greasy (he was right). But he TOTALLY made my day when the cashier said I'd saved $145 and he cheered "Mom, she's rich!!" and then proceeded to clap for me. So, sincerely, I love him!


In other news, I've been regularly couponing for a couple months now and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Between the in-store savings, catalinas, and rebate apps, I spent $129.05 and saved $156.63. It's not the most percentage I've saved on a shopping trip, but it was a BIG haul and the first time I didn't feel completely overwhelmed by it. Yay for learning and improving, and hooray for stretching dollars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...