This year our anniversary was on a Saturday. I've decided that I LOVE when holidays/birthdays/anniversaries are on Saturdays! I think that's a sign that I'm maturing because when I was little I HATED it because it meant that I didn't get to see as many people at school or whatever to celebrate with me. I think that attitude just stayed with me all these years. But now I'm older and wiser and appreciate how if it's on Saturday we have more freedom to choose what we want to do the whole day, or even choose to celebrate it the whole weekend if you want!
So Friday night we went as a family to Pizza My Heart to celebrate our "family's birthday" ;)
So for our anniversary this year in the morning we had thought we'd go kayaking in the bay, but we decided since we only had 3ish hours in the morning we wanted to save that for a time that we had almost a whole day so last minute we decided instead we would record a music video!! We finally did a "Breaking Free" music video. We had the idea to do it 3 years ago. We even filmed a little footage for it once but then never did anything with it. We decided THE TIME HAD COME. To see the video, go to my Facebook page. :)
After finishing the video we came back home for a lazy few hours then dropped the kids at a babysitter's and went to a Children's Youth Theater production of "Beauty and the Beast." It was the most masterfully done youth theater production I've ever seen! The orchestra, the acting/singing, costumes, set, EVERYTHING was great!
After the show we went out to Chili's. Say what you want about it! It's one of our faves!
So all in all, it was a pretty low key anniversary but we had a blast! It's been forever since we were able to spend almost a whole day with just the 2 of us, and it was awesome.
![]() |
| We're BFFs :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment