Thursday, January 31, 2013

Robert

Oh Robert :)


Where do I begin?
He's amazing. He's my love. 
He's going to be REALLY embarrassed when he sees I did a post just about him. :)
He has and continues to be my rock through this whole surgery business.
I cry. He consoles.
I'm in pain. He comforts.
I get frustrated. He makes me laugh.
I am so lucky to have him. No person or marriage is without it's imperfections. We've had our bumps, but we've always and will always get through them. I call him my "perfect for me" husband, because that's what he is. He may not be perfect, but he is perfect for me. He is strong in areas or times I am not but uses that strength to help me become better, and vice versa. He is my companion and best friend and will be forever.

He is also a father and the head of our home. The best young father I've ever seen. So patient, so loving, and so protective. He cries at just the thought of something bad happening to our girls. He hates taking the girls to their well-child checks because he hates to see them in pain when they get their shots. The girls have him completely wrapped around their little fingers, and they absolutely adore him. But most importantly in my book, he is a faithful father. I was just watching this video...


I am so blessed to have a husband that is as equally committed to my faith as I am, and who helps to raise our girls to also be just as faithful. My heart goes out to those amazing women that are in situations where they are forced to raise their family on their own, temporally or spiritually or both. I know it can be done. I've seen it be done, but I am so thankful that's not me. I have Robert, and I hope to never forget to be thankful for that.  He is my children's earthly father, but knows we owe everything to our Heavenly Father and the only way to true and everlasting happiness is to follow in His and Jesus Christ's example. And little by little, we together will teach our children that most important principle of life.

I love Robert. I love our faithful family.

1 comment:

  1. Happy marriages make me happy!. Long live good dads. Unfortunately, they're hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...