General Conference weekend we did a super quick trip to Arizona to attend Terrel and Jenn's baby T.J.'s baby blessing. We flew down early Saturday morning and back on Monday.
| Flying in style |
| Not too bad for waking up at 4:30am |
Funny Lydia moment: We had a layover in Burbank. There was no plane change so we just waited on the plane while they let off one batch of passengers and let a new one on. When someone new finally sat down behind us. Lydia jumped up and peaked over the back of the seat and said, "Hi! I'm Lydia! I'm shy!!!" I just laughed and said, "Lydia, you are anything BUT shy!" She then proceeded to sing, "But Shy!!!! But shy, but SHY! Buuuuuuuuuuuuut Shyyyyyyyyy!!" over and over until the plane took off. We are proud to have a "Butt shy" daughter ;)
Since all of Robert's family was together and we weren't sure when the next time is that that would happen we decided to do a spur-of-the-moment family picture in Robert's parents' living room between the afternoon session and the Priesthood session of General Conference. So here's the latest Richardson Family Photo.
If you're wondering how we got all 4 babies to look and smile... we didn't. I just know my way around some photo editing ;) Maybe that's another post for another day.
Sunday morning we headed to my parent's for the morning session of conference. My dad kept the babies entertained with blocks while we watched.
I can't go without recording the momentous milestone that happened during this morning session, October 7, 2012. Our daughters successfully completed their first Mary throws a ball and Lydia catches it moment. Robert was beaming. You could practically see "I'm a proud Daddy!" written across his face.
Then back to Robert's parents' and after naps and the afternoon session we headed to the stake center for T.J.'s blessing. Terrel gave a beautiful blessing! We were so glad we were able to attend.
Then back to Robert's parents' and after naps and the afternoon session we headed to the stake center for T.J.'s blessing. Terrel gave a beautiful blessing! We were so glad we were able to attend.
| Quite the turn out, and Mary is a cutie :) |
After the blessing and dinner at Robert's parents', we squeezed in one more quick visit to my Grandma Hall's
There were a couple of times this trip that I got really sentimental - as I watched my girls play blocks with my dad and as they played with these toys at my Grandma's. That robot is the same one I loved to play with when I was little. It just made me think of the memories I have of when I was little and we'd go over to Grandma and Grandpa Hall's house to watch General Conference. Then, there I was watching my daughters do the same thing at their grandparents'. It made me feel like our family is on the right track. It also made me once again wish that we lived closer, but made me so thankful that I have such a wonderful family to come home to.
Bright and early Monday morning we flew home. Our next trip isn't until Christmas, and we've done so many trips in the past couple of months that it will be nice to have a little bit of a break. At the same time, we already miss our family and can't wait until the holidays!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment