Monday, January 2, 2012

Our Home Sweet Home & Merry Thanksgivmas Part 1 - Decorations

So here is the long awaited tour of our apartment. I know you all have been waiting on the edge of your seats and losing sleep in anticipation of this. So here we go...

The Main Floor
The Living Room/Dining Area



The Quaint Kitchen


Upstairs
The Study - We got the desk and matching printer cabinet for FREE! Thank you generous Craigslist people!


The Bathroom - Complete with orange, Brady Bunch-esque sink


Kids Room - We're on the hunt for a cheap toddler bed so we can move Lydia out of and Mary into the crib. I'll work on decorating this room all cutesy once that is done.


Our Bedroom/My Craft Room


Outside
View of the ocean from our parking lot


A little better picture of it taken from the hill you see behind the stop sign in the last picture.


View of the forest from our back door shrouded in fog the way it commonly is in the morning a lot of the year. Kind of cool :)


For those of you who are curious how exactly this is all laid out, here is a video tour. I think it is boring and kind of cheesy. I even added background music ("Our House" by Madness, I thought it was fitting) to try to ease the boringness of it. It might have helped a little, but not much. And you might be able to tell from the video that I'm very excited about all the closet/storage space I have in this apartment. :)



And there you have it, our humble home. Since our Thanksgivmas decorations were featured in the video, I'll go ahead and post about those. Every year while we've been married, Thanksgiving and Christmas have kind of blurred together since we always make the 2 trips down to AZ. We barely would have time to enjoy our Christmas decorations because we would put them up just in time to go to AZ for Christmas and then take them down right after we got back. So this year we decided to embrace the situation. The first week of November we put up our fall and Christmas decorations up and declared, "Merry Thanksgivmas!!" Here's our Christmas tree calendar and Thankful Turkeys.


Our fall welcome sign surrounded by snowflakes.

Our Christmas stockings and fall colored paper chain.

And here's daddy helping Lydia decorate the Christmas tree :)

The finished product

More Merry Thanksgivmas posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...