Monday, May 23, 2011

AZ Trip Part 3 - Other Fun

After Lydia's party, we went out to dinner with all of my married siblings. We had WAY too much fun to the point where we were laughing so much they wanted us to leave. We shared all of our 1st kiss with our spouse stories. They're all hilarious! Everything from black cats to bad breath to golden snitches. I'm telling you if we wrote a book, it would be a bestseller.
This is my sister Katie, me, and my sister-in-law Becky (Scott's wife) outside of the restaurant after the workers gave us enough hints that they wanted us to leave. We're all preggars and due in August. I also realized I haven't done any "baby bump" pictures yet, so this is me at 24 and a half weeks.

And for kicks and giggles, a Charlie's Angels pose. If you ask me, Katie and Becky are way too cheery to be Charlie's Angels. ;)

We tried out Lydia's swim gear since it was plenty warm enough weather down there. Lydia absolutely loved it at first, but then Robert accidentally splashed her a little in her face. She wanted nothing to do with it after that. We'll try again when it gets warmer here in Utah.

The night before we came home was Mountain View's Rock-and-Roll Review. Robert's sister Aly and my sister Aubrie are in the same choir and they did a Queen Medley. Aubrie told us she had a solo. Usually the solos at these things are short maybe 5 second things. She failed to mention that her solo was HUGE. Basically the whole song of "Somebody to Love," and it was, in my opinion, one of the best of the night. I videoed it, but she would kill me if I posted it, so I'll just post this photo snapshot of the video so you can all see her rock star cuteness.

Then it was time to journey home. Lydia loved being front facing so much more. This picture is also taken in our new used 2002 Chevy Blazer. We couldn't really fit 2 car seats in our Prizm so we needed something a little bigger, and we got a sweet deal on it. It has a few quirks that we will maybe need to fix sometime in the near future, but I think it will end up being a great car for our growing little family for the next few years. An additional plus is that it's red so I have an extra excuse to bug Robert about not speeding (you know, since red cars tend to get pulled over more often).

It was a wonderful trip. We aren't sure when we are going to make it down again, and we miss our family already. But as always, it's good to be home too.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...