Friday, December 10, 2010

What does a teething tantrum look like?

Well, allow me to show you. It looks like this...

And a few hours later it will still look like this...


But if you're lucky eventually the Motrin will kick in and you'll get a couple hours like this...

It honestly hasn't been horrible. She's had a few rough nights like the one you see above and there will be days in a row that her sleep schedule is out the window, but usually she's fine as long as we stay on top of the pain with occasional Orajel, and then if that's not enough a little bit of Motrin does the trick. No teeth have actually cut through yet, but I can see her 2 front bottom teeth right beneath the surface ready to break through to freedom. Praise be the day that they finally do!

Side note: Some of you may find it amusing that instead of cuddling and trying to comfort Lydia, I took a moment to video and take pictures of her instead. Others may think it's cruel and unusual punishment. I call it thorough documentation of her life. Now when she's older and asks, "Mom, what was I like when I was teething?" I can say, "Well, let me show you." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...