Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm working out with Debbie

This is Debbie. She's going to be my friend for the next 6 weeks. I'm doing her Slim in 6 workout. It's time to take the bull by the horns and get rid of this flabby post pregnancy body. I'm now going to put what my measurements are, but let me tell you a little bit about my body first.

I have a heavy bone structure. I'm not trying to be one of those people that use "big boned" as an excuse for how fat they are, it's just the truth. Once about 3 years ago, I went to the gym really regularly and had a consult with one of the personal trainers. I told him that my goal was to be 140 lbs (I weighed 175 at the time), and he used one of the little pincher things to measure how much body fat I have, and he explained to me that I just didn't have that much fat to lose because a lot of my weight was my bones. Good news is I don't have to worry too much about getting osteoporosis when I'm older. The trainer said the skinniest but still healthy weight I should be is right around 150 lbs. Since then, the skinniest I've been was for my wedding and I weighed 162 lbs.

Anyway, after I put my measurements down please don't leave any "you don't look like you weigh that much" comments because I've heard it all before. Also, don't stick your foot in your mouth by saying "it's just all from the pregnancy" because this is my pre-pregnancy weight. Granted i know I was overweight before my pregnancy, I lost 20 pounds in my first trimester, and I'm nowhere near fitting into my normal pants because my weight is all distributed differently now, but this was how much I weighed right before I got pregnant. That being said here it goes...

My measurements as of 7/5/2010:
Weight: 184 lbs
Bust: 43 inches
Waist: 39.5 inches
Bum: 45 inches
Thigh: 26 inches

Goal measurements by the end of the 6 weeks:
Weight: 170-175 lbs
Bust, Waist, Bum, and Thigh: Average of 2-3 inch loss, especially in Bum and Thighs

Goal measurements by Thanksgiving:
Weight: 155-160 lbs
Bust, Waist, Bum, and Thigh: Average of 4-6 inch loss

Slim in 6 has 3 different phases:
  • Start It Up! introduces you to the basic Slim Training moves for burning calories and reshaping your body. (25 minute workout)
  • Ramp It Up! helps you burn more calories each day to accelerate your results. (48 minutes)
  • Burn It Up! takes slimming and toning to the next level to complete your body reshaping. (60 minutes)
I plan on doing each phase for 2 weeks and then I'll report my progress on here at the end of each phase. For the past couple of days Robert has been doing it with me. He enjoys it, but I think he thinks it's too girly of a workout. :) But if he sticks with it I might report a little bit on his progress as well. And now that I've posted this on here, maybe I'll feel more pressure/ motivation to really stick with it since I know all of my faithful readers are awaiting results :)

More to come in 2 weeks :)

5 comments:

  1. you go girl! you can do it. as soon as i posted my workout plan and measurements on my blog i finally got serious about it and started seeing results! just make working out and eating healthier part of your lifestyle. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You are awesome Heidi and I'm so excited for you to be doing this! You are amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave to post all of this stuff on here! I don't think I could ever do it, but if I did I would probably be more motivated to lose weight. I found this website and I found my body shape on here and work out for that.

    http://www.enotalone.com/article/5792.html <--I think you are a ruler shape so here you go if that helps.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I have goals to get my body back too- it's a lot harder the second time around. Mostly my frustrations are having to go so slowly- I'm nursing, so losing more than 1 or 2 pounds a week can release too many toxins into my body and into my breastmilk. Kinda stinks but I'm trying to be patient. Good luck with your goals- I'm rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, I'm nursing too. That's why my 6 week goal basically boils down to only losing 2 pounds a week. It is frustrating to lose it so slowly though.

    Here's to keeping at it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...