I know it's been a while since I've updated, and I will definitely do that soon. But today I came across this video on lds.org and I was bawling by the end of it. I don't think I share enough of my testimony and faith on here, so I wanted to be sure to post this right away when the feelings are still fresh.
As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (commonly known as the Mormons)I believe that if my family and I live righteously and in accordance with the plan that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have set for us, my family can be together forever.
Robert likes to joke about how many guys he can think of that must have been really disappointed to find out that Robert had snatched me up and taken me off the dating market before they had even gotten a chance. But I knew without a doubt that among all of the possibilities out there, Robert was the one that I wanted and needed. He is always happy with life and loved me purely and unconditionally right from the start, and he was someone who had lived his life in a way that turned him into a man that I could love just as much in return. And if you are going to be with each other forever, you need to love each other. This isn't a starter marriage, this isn't just for now, or until death do us part. This is for FOREVER. We're in it for the long haul and enjoying every step along the way.
Our goal is to love each other more everyday and we've been successful so far. I hope that when we've been married for 53 years we will be just like the old couple in this video. Maybe I'll be the one who's memory is fading, but Robert will be sitting there with his arm around me talking and joking about how we were failed high school sweethearts that got a second chance and have loved each other ever since. Or maybe Robert will be the one who's memory is fading, and I'll be there holding his hand and talking about how it took Robert 45 minutes of stuttering, stammering, and rambling while driving in circles before he finally got up the nerve to tell me that he liked me for the first time. I don't know what the exact situation will be, but I do know that we will be together and we will be happy then and forever after that because we have each other and the Gospel in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment