Sunday, September 13, 2009

Quick Update

I just realized that aside from the birthday updates, it's been quite a while since I've updated on other goings on. Life is pretty much the same. I'm loving my job. Robert is loving work/school. We are both still loving our calling in the Primary, and are looking forward to our first (and hopefully last) snowy fall and winter together. But that's basically it, no super exciting news, so I will update about about some not so exciting news and hope that you will enjoy it anyway :)

New Couch Covers
Before: Old burgundy velvety couch covers that liked to collect lint and wouldn't stay tucked in for more than five minutes. (Please note that I took this picture 2 days after I moved up here, so I was still unpacking and putting stuff up on the walls. Our apartment doesn't normally look this messy I promise)

After: Gorgeous, blue denim covers that are like new that we purchased on Craigslist for $40!! And they are 2-piece covers (one for the couch, one for the cushions) so they always stay tucked in. They are Target brand, and I looked them up online and new for both of them it would have cost $270. These even came with all of the original packaging and everything. They change the look of the whole room. I love them!!!

My Cooking Skills
Some of you know that I haven't always been the greatest cook in the world and might toss and turn every night wondering if I have improved at all. Well...

TOSS AND TURN NO MORE!! This is a new recipe I tried called Chicken Pepper Pie. It was scrumptious!!! I have yet to completely ruin a recipe, and I am enjoying more and more finding and trying new recipes, especially when both Robert and I love them :)

Robert's Goatee

At BYU it is against school dress code to have any facial hair other than a mustache. So during Robert's 2 week break between summer semester and fall semester he grew out his facial hair. It only grows in the goatee area, not the full beard area. Unfortunately and very sadly, instead of loading the pictures we took of it with the camera onto the computer, I accidentally deleted them :( So once again we are limited to a cell phone camera picture, but you can see it well enough.

And that's basically it for us. We can't wait to go down to Arizona this weekend for my family reunion and to see one of Robert's adopted cousins be sealed to his parents. It should be a FANTABULOUS weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Spencer's vote is that Robert "looks 10 to 20 years older" with a goatee. Ü I am snickering right now. Your slipcovers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just kidding Spencer just said he looks more like one of those guys that should be wearing a bandana on his head and riding a motorcycle on the road. Ü "You know those crazy guys with tatoos all over...." Can you tell he is sitting right here and I am typing as he is talking. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the slipcovers! Craigs List is so the way to go :)

    Glad to hear you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your new slipcovers, definitely a good purchase!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...