On our way to the Mt. Timpanogas Campground.
We couldn't pass up stopping at Borders on the way to see if the new X-Men comic was in yet. It wasn't so we'll check again next week :)
This was what part of the drive looked like. I was in heaven! I LOVE ASPEN!!!
Our little campground. It wasn't exactly roughing it. There was even a flushing toilet really close by and we still had cell phone service, but it was fun :)
This is our tent, it was really easy to set up compared to the 10 man tent I'm used to setting up for my family.
This is my MAN doing MANLY things like tending to the fire.
My very first dutch oven apple crisp to go with our foil dinners. It turned out very good. Please ignore the ash spill on it.
It rained for a bit so we were confined to playing cards in our tent.
We played Nertz. I would mention that I beat Robert in 4 rounds 120 to to 70, but that might embarrass him so I won't say anything ;)
We woke up to a BEAUTIFUL morning. I love the woods!
This is what happens when you are getting the fire ready for breakfast and you get an itch on your face. Robert thought it was hilarious.
I made scrambled eggs in the lid of the dutch oven. And of course we brought some happiness (Chocolate Milk) to have with our breakfast.
We were able to roast marshmallows for real this time instead of just over our stove.
First camping trip...DONE! And I can't wait to do so many more!
Looks like fun Heidi!!! Can't wait to see you two this weekend!
ReplyDelete