Weekly Project #2: The next week I got 5 envelopes in the mail from him. All the envelopes were packed full of straw wrappers. I don't know how many of you have done the thing where you tie a straw wrapper in a knot and pull it and if when the straw rips there is no knot it means someone is thinking about you. So anyway, he had tied all of the straw wrappers (100s of wrappers) in knots, taped them and cut them so that every single one of them were sure to not have a knot when I pulled them. I texted him that I got them and he texted back "Just in case you were ever wondering."

Weekly Project #3: Code Name CFH3D1 which stands for Cookies for Heidi, Week 3, Uncle Dan, Attempt 1. I go to institute with Robert's sister, Jamie, every week and then we go to Nielsen's Frozen Custard. Well, we went to Nielsen's and after we had been sitting there for a bit Robert's Uncle Dan and Aunt Monica walked in with a plate of cookies and Uncle Dan yelled "Is there a Heidi Wilcken here!?!" (hoping to really embarrass me, too bad there was hardly anybody there;)
Weekly Project #4: Code Name BHW4M1 which stands for Balloons for Heidi, Week 4, Mom, Attempt 1. So I was at work on a Thursday, which is one of the busier days at the Med Spa, and Robert's mom walked in with a huge balloon bouquet. I could not stop smiling for the rest of the day to say the least :)

Weekly Project #5: I can't remember the code names for any of the other ones, but project #5 was by far my favorite. I was once again at work on a Thursday and I had walked to some of the surrounding businesses to drop off flyers for the spa and Breanna (my sister that works at the yogurt shop next door) called me and asked if I knew Robert's mom was at the spa. So, I ran back real quick and met Sister Richardson (henceforth to be called Cathy) outside and asked what she was doing there and she said that she was just there to torture me. She led me into the spa where Robert's little sister Kylee, his Grandma, and his Aunt Monica were all sitting down. I said "Wow, it's a whole family affair." Cathy said, "You have no idea." And then sat me down on a chair. She stepped outside and signaled that we were ready, and Robert's dad (Terry), Uncle Dan, Uncle Randy, and Grandpa came walking in wearing barbershop hats, vests, and suspenders and then they all sang me a barbershop song while holding a cutout of Robert's face in front of theirs. It was perfect timing because we had a break in patients right then, so all of the workers got to watch and have been talking ever since about how sweet they think Robert is. Libby, one of the aestheticians, even said that she was going to go home and tell her husband that he needed to pick up his game.:)
Weekly Project #6: Robert came down to visit the Saturday through Tuesday before this project. And when he left he gave me a 1000 piece puzzle to do that had a note on the back. I LOVE puzzles!! I (of course) only took a few days to do the puzzle :) And the note on the back I will not quote because Robert is really embarrassed at how cheesy it ended up sounding, although I thought it was great. It basically said how happy and grateful he was that he has me and how happy I make him, and that he loved me. It was wonderful :)
Weekly Project #7: At the end of week 7 I actually went up to Utah to see Robert, and at the airport he had a bouquet of tulips, my FAVORITE flower. I don't know how many people know how hard it is to get tulips in October, but it is pretty hard. He's AMAZING!!
Weekly Project #8: Was just a simple text/picture message of this:

He did it out of Sequence game pieces. It was really simple and sweet and made me smile really big!
After that the weekly projects have stopped for the time being. Robert still sends me really cute texts and I do have a shiny ring on my finger, so I think I am good for a while. I LOVE ROBERT!!!
You are lucky Heidi. Hopefully, he keeps that up forever. It makes the biggest difference in the life of a wife.
ReplyDeleteI just got of Scott and Becky's blog, and read Becky's latest entry and started bawling. Now I am out of control. I love my sisters!!!!!!!!! Heidi I am so happy for you. You are a special girl to have been given such a special guy. I love you too, Robert.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Roberts and keeper. Ü
ReplyDeleteHeidi, where is the picture? You said you would put it on last night and you totally let me down! Get on the ball Wilcken! JK
ReplyDeleteSorry Tiff, I ended up not getting home til almost midnight and now I am at work. I will do it tonight. Cross my heart and hope to die.
ReplyDeleteAWE! He sounds so neat Heidi! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete